People tend to go into business for themselves because they have a passion for their profession. People tend to start a business in an area they like or excel at, like a painter, or electrician, or mechanic. But they don’t tend to excel at business. That’s where a business coach can make a real difference and change your business!
When most people think of a coach they they think of someone helping an athlete, or a musician, or an actor. They don’t often think of a coach for business. But if you think about it, what they do is help you get the most out of your talents and passion. So why wouldn’t you use a coach to help you do your best at business?
A coach can look at what you’re doing objectively and assess your strengths and weaknesses. She can help direct your focus onto things that need work in your business. She can also suggest new areas of focus to you.
Why Do You Need a Business Coach?
Jeff Boss, writing for Entrepreneur.com, suggests four reasons why you should have a business coach:
- Brainstorm Brilliance || We can provide a fresh perspective on your business challenges to help you get the most out of your company.
- Sounding Board || Often times what you need is someone to bounce ideas off of. TMH Business Coaching makes this possible while also asking questions that might guide you to some important conclusions.
- Accountability || Sometimes it’s easy to let yourself off the hook when it comes to accountability. Being accountable to someone outside the company can push you to a higher standard.
- Guidance || We will try to challenge you, direct you, inspire you, and broaden your horizons. This will ensure your business is headed in the right direction.
The Harvard Business Review published a study about the strengths of business coaching as well as the pitfalls. It also suggested some important points that are essential for getting the most out of the experience, including:
- You must be highly motivated to change
- You must have good chemistry with the coach
- There must be a strong commitment from management to development
If you aren’t ready to change your company for the better, coaching will not work for you. Motivation and commitment to the process are essential. Also, if you don’t get along with the coach, you are less likely to take her advice—make sure you find someone who fits well with you!
If you feel that you are ready to make some positive changes to your business model to get the most out of your company and your life, contact TMH Business Coaching today for a confidential, free, no obligation consultation to propel you forward. Also, please feel free to add yourself to our weekly coaching tips email!